Geological and ecological prerequisites as well as the type of intended waste are the specific criteria that must be taken into consideration when a landfill is to be constructed. A site can only be developed sustainably if all relevant factors are included in the planning. Sustainability and lasting economic efficiency are the focus for P+R when it comes to landfill construction – independent of whether the landfill is old or is being newly built. In order to achieve these goals, our team supports you in the planning phase for landfills of the classes DK 0 to DK II.
Together we identify the particularities of the site in detail, check all possible alternatives, and develop a concept that is suitable for you. We also employ CAD and three-dimensional terrain models in order to make the planning as efficient and realistic as possible.
Our engineers also support you in site management tasks, in coordinating issues with public authorities, and in resolving operational issues. Thanks to close cooperation with landfill operators, public administration offices, and specialist offices as well as regular continuing education measures regarding landfill legislation and technology, their professional skills are always state of the art.
One of our focal areas is the performance of feasibility studies. The basic data we collect are of crucial importance for site developers and project developers since they allow assessing the realizability of a construction project under legal, ecological, and economic aspects. This enables you to make the right long-term decisions. We can also offer a listing of all costs involved in building and operating a landfill, taking into account our feasibility studies.
In addition, we offer support for your landfill construction project in the area of landfill gas. We plan gas collection systems for active landfill degassing as well as the appropriate treatment facilities — again taking into account site-specific requirements.
Overall, our services in the area of landfill construction consist of the following sub-areas:
- Geotechnical site explorations
- Feasibility studies, profitability calculations
- Variant studies
- Planning, tendering, on-site construction monitoring
- Volume calculation by means of digital terrain models
- Design of sealing and drainage systems, taking into account future usages (e.g., photovoltaics, industrial areas such as recycling facilities, demolition waste processing facilities)
- Planning of facilities for the infiltration of leachate into the landfill body
- Design of sealing systems along steep faces
- Planning of active/passive gas collection systems
- Geotechnical settlement and deformation considerations, also in cases of very settlement-prone surfaces (e.g., landfill on top of landfill)
- Stability calculations for landfill slopes
- Material flow management regarding the procurement of substitute construction materials for landfills
- Development of quality assurance plans
- Development of operational deposit plans
A comprehensive feasibility study is the first step for a successful technical project. It does not substitute a detailed planning but supports the designer by delievering all relevant project data and the objectives of the project.
Our feasibility studies are aiming at collecting baseline data as well as assessing the feasibility of technical projects under consideration of legal, environmental and economical conditions. In that way, we deliever all relevant information needed by the project developer for the decision-making process.
As matter of course, our feasibilty studies include also calculations of profitability and first cost estimates for planning, constuction and operation of technical facilities. Furthermore, we calculate the project budget and rates. We prepare an realistic schedule for the timely project completion considering all relevant information. The feasibility studies are of further importance for the project developer as they provide important information for the calculation of required resources and quantities which are needed to ensure a full capacity utilization of the production plant during the time of operation.
Our interdisciplinary team consisting of geologist, civil, process, electrical and economic engineers can complete planning tasks sucessfully. We are happy to visit you on your premises in order to complete all planning tasks in direct cooperation until the feasibility study is handed in.