Since 2015 a „Landfill on Landfill“ is being built on the site of ZAK (central waste management Kaiserslautern). After completing the extension of the landfill, which was closed down in 2000, it will be possible to additionally deposit about 7.2 million cubic meters of mineral waste (DKI). For this the old landfill will be permanently secured. Subsequently, the end profiling of the landfill body, the construction of the surface sealing and the recultivation will be carried out. Peschla + Rochmes and Grontmij are jointly responsible for the planning.
- Hydrogeological investigations
- Groundwater monitoring
- Measurements, predictions of the settlements and deformations
- Participation in approval planning (plan approval procedure)
- Planning the sealing of the old landfill site
- Consultancy regarding degassing and landfill operation
- Local construction supervision
The sealing compounds which will be built serve as multifunctional sealing – a surface sealing system for the old landfill and a basic sealing system for the new landfill. The resulting geological barrier is able to cope with the expected settlements.
Client: ZAK – Zentrale Abfallwirtschaft Kaiserslautern
Federal State: Rhineland-Palatinate
Supporting municipality: Stadt und Landkreis Kaiserslautern
Landfill area: 25 ha
Processing time: since 2007